Recipe By:Erica Anderson
"I just love these beans! What could be better than green beans, potatoes, and bacon, all in one dish?!"
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 8 small new potatoes, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chopped bacon in a skillet, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the bacon pieces on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt the butter in a skillet with a lid over medium-low heat, and cook and stir the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked bacon, green beans, potatoes, garlic, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat until the green beans are tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with vinegar, salt, and pepper, and serve.