1/4 cup butter
1 cup leek, sliced
3 cups celeriac, peeled and diced
4 cups of stock (chicken or veggie)
1 cup double cream
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1 handful of fresh thyme or oregano, chopped
for the garnish: top with fresh chives or spring onion
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes, covered.
2. Add the celeriac and cook covered for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil.
4.Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 35 minutes, or until the celeriac is very tender when poked with a fork.
5. Transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and puree until smooth.
6. Pass through a sieve for an even smoother texture.
7. Return to saucepan. Add the maple syrup and cream.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Gently heat through until the soup is warm.
10. Serve with chive or spring onion garnish.