Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
· 5-6 ripe Bosc Pears
· 1 tsp. cinnamon
· 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
· 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
· 1 stick butter 1/4 lb:
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 1/3 cup white sugar
· 1-1/2 cups of chopped pecans
· 1/2 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Quarter and core the pears and roughly chop them into a medium sized pot. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until some of the juices are released and the fruit is softened. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom, coating the pears with spices. Place into a 8” x 8” baking pan or 9-inch pie plate.
2. Heat the sugar, butter, rolled oats and chopped pecans over medium heat in a medium sized pot until the pecans and oats are fully coated.
3. Sprinkle the topping over the pears and bake for 25 minutes or less, until the topping is golden brown and the pears are completely soft and bubbling. Another indication that the pears are done is that the skin should be brown and no longer green or yellow. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
4. Serve warm or cool, plain or topped with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.