Prep Time 7 mins Cook Time 30 mins
Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes are coated in a spice mixture that is both sweet and spicy and then roasted in a hot oven until brown and crispy.
Course: Side Dish
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat sweet potatoes evenly.
- Spread sweet potatoes out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.